Teleserve, formed in 2005, was designed to co-exist with the Patrol division to serve the public in an expedient manner and alleviate the necessity for an on the scene response by officers for selected calls for service.
Teleserve handles non-emergency calls that come through Houston County E-911 or by calling directly to the precinct. Reports can also be taken in person at the Lake Joy Precinct.
Hours of Operation are Monday through Saturday - 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
There are many benefits to utilize Teleserve including:
- Shorter wait times to file a report
- Reports are made over the phone
- Operators have the option of sending an officer if needed
- If the solve ability of the report is high - the report is forwarded to the Criminal Investigations Division for followup
- There are 5 operators on staff. Two are sworn officers the other 3 are civilian
Completed reports - 2,073
Supplemental reports - 310
See a list of authorized calls for Teleserve.
To make a report with Teleserve - call 478-293-1040