Tuesday, November 8, 2016

In the Blink of An Eye...

"In the blink of an eye 

I may not walk through the door. 

In the blink of an eye 
You might not hear my voice anymore. 

Because In the blink of an eye 
The wolves are out today.  
And I am the sheepdog sworn to protect
Until I am old and gray. 

In the blink of an eye,
While you run far away,
I'll run towards the shots;
Because I have to be brave. 

In the blink of an eye 
Those blue lights are flashing by. 
It can happen in the blink of an eye 
Because I can never run and hide. 

In the blink of an eye 
I polish my boots and button my shirt. 
Because in the blink of an eye 
I could be the next one hurt. 

So let me kiss you goodbye
And I'll hold you oh so tight, 
Because in the blink of an eye  
Today could be the day I die.

You see, I am a police officer 
And in the blink of an eye,
My name can be called, 
To walk that thin blue line... 

JEM